Today, I am going to chat about my living room transformation. This space is not totally finished as we still need to do a faux shiplap white ceiling because I hate the stucco ceiling that we currently have. However, the living room has definitely come a long way. As you will see in the photos below, taken at all random times, that I do like to mix and move around my décor as much as possible. Living in a tiny cottage, you have to mix up the scenery often, well at least I do.
I wanted to give my living room a cozy cottage vide so I added an electric fireplace, a DIY white bookshelf, I painted the walls a cottage grey, decluttered the furniture and added some simple wall art. I eventually want to give this cottage a true lake house/nautical theme, perhaps this is something that I will implement in the summer. But for now, I am happy with this space. Also guys, keep in mind I do all my transformations budget friendly! Not all room makeovers need to cost $$$$$.
I will leave the source of all the items that I have in my living room photos below:
- Fireplace – Canadian Tire (Wait for their sales to purchase)
- DIY Bookshelf – Wood from Home Hardware, MDF back board from Lowes.
- Coffee Table – Vintage Trunk that used to be my toy box.
- Sectional Couch (also a pullout) – Leon’s
- White End Table – Yard Sale $2. Refinished it with white paint and black handles.
- Black & White Accent Chair – Given to me by my Grandma. Had it reupholstered for $225.
- Faux Plants, Navy/White Rug – Ikea
- Picture Frames, Vase, Baskets, Owls, Beige Rug, Love Sign – Homesense
- White Tray, Pouf, Lantern – Target
- Vintage Window – Gifted to me
- M & S Letters – Cut out by my mom. (Barn Boards)
Thank you for stopping by my little blog today, I can’t wait to start my outdoor patio décor!